- Educational advancement (e.g. GED or post-secondary)
- Completion of specialized job training
- Obtaining employment
- Career advancement
- Transitioning out of subsidized housing
The FSS program involves goal setting, mentoring and financial incentives to empower families in making positive life changes.
HHA’s FSS Program Services
As a part of HHA’s FSS program, participants work with an FSS Coordinator to develop a plan that outlines specific activities needed to achieve their economic self-sufficiency goals. Throughout the program, the FSS Coordinator monitors participants’ progress and helps them move toward self-sufficiency.
As participants achieve employment goals and increase household income from wages, their rent increases. An amount equitable to the monthly rent increase is set aside each month into an escrow savings account. When participants meet all of their goals and graduate from the program, they are eligible to receive a payout of the escrow accrued during their participation.
Enrollment in FSS
For HCV families
- HHA is not currently enrolling or accepting new applications for the HCV-FSS program.
For Public Housing families
- Current public housing residents can be referred to the PH-FSS program through their property manager.