What is Section 3?
How does Section 3 promote self- sufficiency?
Section 3 is a starting point to obtain job training, employment and contracting opportunities. From this integral foundation coupled with other resources comes the opportunity for economic advancement and self-sufficiency.
• Federal, state and local programs
• Advocacy groups
• Community and faith-based organizations
How does Section 3 promote homeownership?
Section 3 is a starting point to homeownership. Once a Section 3 resident has obtained employment or contracting opportunities they have begun the first step to self-sufficiency.
Who are Section 3 residents?
Section 3 residents are:
• Public housing residents or
• Persons who live in the area where a HUD-assisted project is located and who have a household income that falls below HUD’s income limits.
How are income levels determined?
• Low income is defined as 80% or below the median income of that area.
• Very low income is defined as 50% or below the median income of that area.