Office: 1402 Yukon Street, Huntsville, AL 35816
Northwoods is a single-story public housing community consisting of 232 apartments, including some with physical accommodations for accessibility. The property is located on a spacious site just off University Drive, moments away from major thoroughfares like Pulaski Pike and Memorial Parkway. From Northwoods, you can get get to anywhere in the City in about ten minutes!
Northwoods community offers a centrally located and fenced playground, for the children, plus large front and rear lawns. All 232 apartments are one-story flats and offer front and rear private porches. Calvary Hill Community Center is located in this area and offers a variety of activities for all residents. The Drake Technical Training Center is located on site and offers free career training classes and GED classes. A brand new Boys and Girls Club will opening very soon right in the midst of the community as well!
Several on-site City bus stops offer easy access to local churches, Costco and other shopping areas, grocery stores, and the medical district. Northwoods community has a very active and productive Resident Council, plus nice and friendly staff.
- Sonnie Hereford Elementary
- Huntsville Junior High (Grades 7-8)
- Huntsville High School
- Huntsville City Shuttle Service with bus stops conveniently located throughout property.
- Handi-ride ADA para-transit service for individuals with disabilities who are unable to use fixed route buses.
- City school bus services provided to zoned schools.